g clamp

A C-clamp, G-clamp, or G-cramp is a sort of clamps tool that is commonly used in, but again not restricted to, woodworking and welders to grip wooden or metal items. Such clamps are commonly referred to as “C” clamps due to their C-shaped framework, or g clamp because they are fashioned like that of a capital letter G along with the bolt section. These were previously referred to as a wagon producer’s clamp or Carrier Clamp


C-clamps and G-clamps are usually constructed of steel or cast rods, but tiny clamps might well be built of pots metals. A little smooth border is frequently found close to the above of the “C.” A huge threaded screw juts throughout a threaded opening at the bottom.

The screw has a smooth surface across one side that is comparable in magnitude to this at the edge of the tower. And a tiny metallic bar on the other side that is perpendicular to the screws and utilized to provide leverage while compressing the clamps.

 The flatter side of the screws is in touch with the flat part on the frames once the clamps are entirely shut. It is quite unusual for this to happen when the clamps are directly employed. Between the upper and bottom smooth borders, there would usually be another item or thing.


By rotating the screws through the bottom of the frame till the desired condition of force or releasing is obtained, a G-clamp is utilized. It is also a very useful tool in woodwork but must be used carefully.

Related Posts