Gardening is one hobby that is not only good for your mind but also your body. Psychological studies suggest that being around plants and in greenery allows your mind to be calmer and experience healthy relaxation from your daily life. Moreover, when you grow your own fruits, vegetables and herbs you get to reap the healthiest of their benefits.
Gardener’s path to Chamomile
Chamomile is one herb that was used by the ancient Egyptians9 and Romans as a herbal remedy to cure conditions like menstrual disorders, muscle spasms, swelling and inflammation, Insomnia as well as gastrointestinal pain. It is a great medicinal herb that can even eliminate rheumatic pain.
How is chamomile used?
Gardener’s Path suggests that the flowers of the chamomile plant are first dried followed by their crushing. After that, the best way to use it is to brew a tea that anyone can easily drink. This can help to cure problems like stomach pain and also provide you healthy and long sleeping durations.
Varieties of chamomile
Chamomile has two distinctly true species, called by the names of Matricariarecutita and Chamaemelum nobile scientifically. These are the German as well as Roman varieties of the plant respectively.
- German chamomile: The German chamomile is harvested for its essential oils and tastes delicious when taken in the tea brew form.It can be grown in almost every sorry condition once it gets firmly bound in your garden soil it becomes drought-resistant up to 90%. If your garden soil is too floppy then the chances of it becoming top heavy will increase.
- Roman chamomile: If you can’t find a good ground cover for your garden then Roman chamomile can be your go-to option. It is ideal for preventing weed growth in your garden plants.
Gardener’s Path to Yarrow
Yarrow plant can be easily recognised by its feathery leaves and great clusters of blooming flowers.
Benefits of Yarrow herb
- It can help in improving digestion and preventing irritable bowel syndrome.
- To stimulate the circulation of blood.
- To bring down the blood pressure levels.
- For the normalisation of the body homeostasis.
Moreover, it can also help to prevent bleeding and infection related to it when it is applied directly to the bleeding wound.