Cakes in the Western style have become the culinary stars of sweetness in the world of food. But here too, the mass-produced cake is gradually being abandoned by those in search of a better life. This is particularly true of the top celebratory events, the Birthdays, where the finest Cakes will be cut, and devoured by the many guests. Instead, a select class of cakes, called the “customised birthday cake”, will feature as the rock star of the show.
These customised cakes go beyond the scope (and price) of ordinary cakes. Innovation is the key. Handmade fondant pieces, edible flowers, or exquisite attention to details are the hallmarks of this type of cake, which try to render each cake into something that is unique. Theme-based cakes and multi-tiered cakes are often used to create an impressive display that will make this the memorable centre-piece of the Birthday Party. Singapore is at the heart of this industry, and some of its best practitioners, like the White Spatula, have garnered world attention with their unbelievably beautiful customise birthday cake.
Some simple guidelines provided to Customers by White Spatula for their customised cakes are:
- Customers are requested to order at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Images are often sourced from the Internet, but are representative only, not exact.
- This is also true because all such cakes are handmade.
- Slight variations in color and appearance may occur.
- Color tones must also be mentioned specifically (pastel or bright).